Mats On The Ground Challenge Overview
Yoga is changing the lives of millions of people across the world. Specifically, it’s positively impacting the lives of vets dealing with post-traumatic stress and thanks to inspirational individuals like Sgt. Dan Nevins, more and more of them are finding healing through yoga. For many of them, it's been a lifesaver. Make sure to watch Dan's story on the Kozm Indi channel homepage.
For each of us, yoga has provided a different intimate experience. It generates different emotions and it means different things. To Sgt. Dan Nevins, it means strength, recovery, and solace. That’s why he’s building the Warrior Spirit Retreat. A place where veterans will come to practice yoga and mindfulness activities to help heal their P.T.S.
Today, we challenge you to share your story; What does yoga mean to you?
How to participate
1. Create a short video that tells your yoga story and what yoga means to you. Maybe it’s a specific instance, maybe it’s your overall perspective. Maybe it’s mental, spiritual, or physical. Videos should be 1 minute or less and while they do not need to be highly produced – shooting them on your phone is great - good quality will count. Be inspiring, be creative, be thoughtful, and be sincere.
2. Upload your video to this challenge page. You will receive an email from Indi when your video has been approved for posting, which could take up to 24 hours.
3. Start generating Indi “Buzz” on Indi and across your social media platforms and tell your followers you’ve entered for a chance to win! It’s “Buzz” that puts you on the leaderboard. (more on that below)
• Share from this page into ; and
• Have your friends watch, like and share your video on Indi and social media!
Prizes and Determination of Winners
Prizes: Ten winners will each win a pack of 12-online LIVE yoga classes with Sgt. Dan Nevins through the platform ompractice.com plus a $50 gift code to shop on www.thekozm.com where Kozm gives 5% of sales to the creation of the Warrior Spirit Retreat. The classes will consist of one per month, over the course of a year (schedule TBD). As an added bonus the first 10 submissions will receive a free Kozm Tote Bag.
Judging: A panel of judges will select 8 winning entries out of the top 20 Buzz-generating entries. There will also be two judge's wild card picks from the other entries that did not make it into the top 20 Buzz. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
Inspirational delivery (40%), Sincerity (30%), Creativity (20%), Production quality (10%).
Winners will be determined and announced on December 16th, 2017.
Challenge Rules and Terms
A purchase of goods and services is not required and will not increase chances of winning. You will be required to agree to the official Challenge Rules during the uploading of your video.
Challenge begins November 9th, 2017 at 9AM (PST) and ends December 9th, 2017 at 11:59 PM (PST).
8 Judges PicksPrize: 1 Year of Yoga Classes8 Judges Pick winners will receive a year's worth of LIVE online yoga classes with Yoga teacher Dan Nevins (12 classes), plus a $50 gift cod ... [more]
2 Wild Card Judges PicksPrize: 1 Year of Yoga Classes2 winners will receive a year's worth of LIVE online yoga classes with Yoga teacher Dan Nevins (12 classes), plus a $50 gift code to shop on ... [more]
First 10 SubmissionsPrize: Kozm Tote BagThe first 10 submissions will receive a Kozm Tote Bag.