What does it mean to be #StocktonTrue?
Visit Stockton is asking local artists to show their Stockton pride by submitting an original song to the Stockton Song Contest. Artists who enter have a chance to win $1,000 plus four hours of studio time at The Press Recording Studio to record the song. In addition, Visit Stockton will produce a music video of the grand prize winning entry and arrange a public performance. Visit Stockton will also hold a fan vote for the community. The Fan Favorite prize winner will receive $500 and a public performance opportunity.
DETAILS: This Contest is open to legal residents of San Joaquin County, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals / bands only. Commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Entrants MUST have a connection to Stockton, California - meaning at least 1 band member must live in Stockton, CA or have lived in Stockton, CA for the majority of their life. Limit (1) one entry per person, per band. Contest is open to both amateur and professional musicians.
- All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Song may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated on the entry form as the representative. Additional writers/performers will be listed under “other contributors.”
- Songs should be no longer than 3 minutes, 30 seconds (3:30) in length. Video submissions may not exceed seven (7) minutes in length.
- All genres of music are accepted.
- Parodies are not allowed unless explicit consent has been obtained from the copyright holder(s). Any and all proof of consent must be provided to the Administrator if requested.
- The Administrator reserves the right to extend the entry deadline.
- Lyrics must be family friendly and appeal to a wide audience. Any discriminatory or inappropriate language will not be permitted.
- Music and lyrics must be an original composition created specifically for the Stockton Song Contest.
- Song should be an upbeat and authentic reflection of Stockton and what it means to be #StocktonTrue. Helpful tips can be found here.
- LIMIT: You only may enter one (1) original song during the Entry Period.
- Read the official rules of the Stockton Song Contest here.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 - 9:00am Stockton Song Contest submission window opens - Click here to UPLOAD your video.
SUNDAY, MARCH 24, 2019 – 11:59pm Stockton Song Contest submission window closes
MONDAY, MARCH 25, 2019 – 9:00am Stockton Song Contest official judging and fan voting begins
SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019 – 11:59pm Stockton Song Contest official judging and fan voting ends
Winners will be announced the week of April 22nd
Grand PrizePrize: Cash, studio time, videoArtists who enter have a chance to win $1,000 plus four hours of studio time at The Press Recording Studio to record the song. In addition, ... [more]
Fan FavoritePrize: Cash, opportunityVisit Stockton will hold a fan vote for the community. The Fan Favorite prize winner will receive $500 and a public performance opportunity.